Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe
I know that I’ve mentioned before that I get into a rut from time to time when it comes to cooking dinner. I love to try different recipes, but sometimes when I’m making my meal plan for the week I just can’t seem to come up with anything unique. Other times, I come up with too many new ideas and my family starts asking for their old favorites back, ha!
Saying that, my new goal is to try one new weeknight recipe a week. If it’s a success, I’ll keep it in the rotation, if not, there are four other meals that I know my family will enjoy.
This week, I’m trying an out-of-the-box recipe – bacon cheeseburger meatloaf. One of the things I love about this idea is obviously the bacon. I mean, it’s bacon. I have found that in my family the smell of bacon is a great way to get people to try something new! Most of the ingredients in this recipe are items that my family is already familiar, too. The best part, though? I get to make it in my brand new Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
I received my first Crock-Pot® slow cooker as a wedding gift, and I used it for everything from main courses to desserts. When I use Crock-Pot® brand, I always know my dishes will come out delicious and juicy. It’s really one of my most helpful appliances in the kitchen!
Since I’m partnering with Crock-Pot® this year (am I lucky or what?), I recently received a shiny new model to try this amazing meatloaf with. What I love about this model is the lid that attaches to the unit and the digital timer. Once the timer is complete, the setting will automatically set to “warm” mode. Love, love, love this feature!
A Crock-Pot® slow cooker is especially good for this recipe because the success of it requires that the different flavors of the ingredients blend well.
Meat loaf is one of my favorite comfort foods, but if you don’t get the flavors combined well, it can be either too spicy or bland.
OK, ready to try my new weeknight recipe?
Crock-Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cloves onion, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package Velveeta cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup hash browns, frozen
- Combine beef, garlic, onion, eggs, crackers, milk, 1/4 cup BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in a large bowl with hands.
- Shape mixture into a rectangle on a cutting board to about 1" thick. Slice Velveeta cheese in half long-ways and place in the middle of rectangle. Sprinkle bacon bits on top of cheese. Mold mixture around the cheese until it is completely encased inside. Carefully place inside of the Crock-Pot.
- Take the remaining BBQ sauce and spread on top of meatloaf. Sprinkle hash browns on top and cover.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours.
Stay tuned for even more unique recipes from my Crock-Pot® product in the coming weeks!
What is your favorite recipe to make in a Crock-Pot® slow cooker? Leave a comment below. 🙂
Pin this post below!
This post is sponsored by Crock-Pot® Brand, but all thoughts are my own and it was delicious!